Sunday 16 May 2010

Parental correction

So here's the deal. Dad read my heart-wrenching blog about him and put in a few, minor requests.

No. 1 - he asked me to correct his birth year from 1957 to 1956. Embarrassment felt at not knowing this fact and disappointment at losing the claim that my dad was born the year 12 Angry Men was released, are dwarfed by respect for Dads honesty at labeling himself an older man.

So, for clarification, the year dad was born saw Elvis make his first TV appearance, Yul Brynner win an oscar for his performance in the 'King and I', and the Soviets invaded Hungary to squash an anti-communist revolution. Lovely. It's all about Rock & Roll and Russia.

No. 2 - my dad was only 9 when his father passed away

No. 3 - Nana would bridge the holes in my dad's school shoes with Weetabix box cardboard.

It took my father at least 30 minutes to read the original blog. Mostly because he has a degenerative eye disorder that renders him virtually blind but partly because his tears blurred his view.

God Bless PB.

No comments:

Post a Comment