Friday 31 December 2010

The tantalising Tarn turns to terrible thoughts

Leaving the snow-dusted valley behind, I begin to climb.

Mutli-coloured rocks protrude through a frosty coating;

their staccatoed presence offering steps for weary feet.

Fern corpses, reddening the banks of the path;

bowing down, as sorrowful as the combed hair of a bolding man.

Gushing foams of crashing water to the right;

thundering in to clear pools, creating chaos and delight.

Wolf-like sheep stare as I clamber to the top;

their black beady eyes bore through and beyond me.

The Tarn sumit offering a tranquil place to rest.

Sitting on a rock beside the frozen lake the chill of it all;

creeping within me twisting my heart like the 'Mirror of Reason'

All becomes ugly, distorted and misery sets in.

The waters wash over me as I sink beneath their icy waves;

Lost to the tantalising Tarn and my terrible thoughts.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment