Sunday 2 January 2011

Queenie, queenie whos got the.....New Year's Eve 2010. An Iconic Party.

New Year's Eve, this time round, was brought in quite formally in the fashion of good ol' Queen Elizabeth II. Fully adopting the royal persona, Stanislavski-style, ensured that not a drop passed my lips and, in keeping with tradition, I delivered a Queen's speech (soon to be shared by @gazcook) to the watching-in-awe-delight of Yoko and John, Marilyn and JFK, Amy and Ozzy, Dorothy, Johny Cash, Kate Bush, Cleopatra, Spider man, Dolly Parton, Supergirl, SuperMario, 118-118 and PulpFiction stars . A right good collection of icons, if ever I saw any. 

The night was wiled wistfully away in the arms of friends (see Kate Bush above) and lovers (@gazcook as Tom Daley coming to a screen near you very soon!). It was a glorious night punctuated with performances and pies. I was utterly delighted to have outed my pea-green, 1950s-vintage dress, gifted to me three years ago by a loving friend.

Happy New Year, one and all (and no, Bruce Forsyth will never be Honoured by me - that's final).

No comments:

Post a Comment